Our method of evaluating projects has been developed over 19 years through more than $350 million of small transactions. We are not bankers! We understand our client's obstacles and challenges because we have experienced them ourselves. Our investment team includes Engineers, Geologists and Landmen who are excited to hear about your plans to grow.
When compared to selling equity, BlueRock provides you a lower-cost alternative to raise capital. We also provide more capital than banks and our deal structure is non-recourse. This unique combination is what enables our clients the ability to realize substantially more overall value.
It’s all about the people…
We focus on the people involved, just as much as the assets. Regardless of where you are in your project, we’d like to get to know you and your team. It’s never too early to create a relationship!
Summary of Advantages
- Client retains upside and control of project
- Provides more capital than a bank
- No personal or corporate guarantees
- Investment team: engineers, geologists and landmen
- Simple deal structure and reporting requirements
- No 3rd party engineering reports required
- Repeatable and expandable
- Cost of capital may be tax deductible
- Favorable accounting treatment may apply
How It Works
- Investment Size: $1 to $10 million
- Deal Structure: A non-recourse financial production payment via limited term overriding royalty and small permanent overriding royalty after payout
- Use of Proceeds: Acquisitions, development plans, and monetizations
- Timing: Simple deal structure results in minimal documentation and the ability to close in less than 30 days
- Closing Costs: Closing costs are nominal with no hidden fees
- Hedging: Hedging is not required
- Area: Lower 48 (USA)